Box jellyfish watch issued for Oahu shores | Environment
The City and County of Honolulu's Ocean Safety and Lifeguard Services Division has issued a box jellyfish watch for Oahu shores.
According to officials, box jellyfish usually arrive near shore waters seven to 11 days after the full moon. The full moon will arrive on Jan. 19.
A watch is issued to allow time for preparation and planning for possible hazardous events.
The public is encouraged to check with lifeguards or walk the shoreline to check for box jellyfish prior to entering the water.
Officials say the watch is set to expire on Feb. 2.
For more information, visit www.808jellyfish.com.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- TOYOTA HAWAII ANNOUNCES “MILITARY SALUTE” #WinWithToyotaHI WINNER
- Prudential Locations Welcomes Back Two Experienced Agents
- Hawaii's Public Libraries Now Offer Four New Services
- Subaru Forester Recognized as Motor Trend’s 2014 Sport/Utility of the Year
- Traffic Alert: Water Main break closes lanes on Dillingham Boulevard