Windward Choral Society Spring Concert | Events
Information courtesy: Windward Choral Society
Announcing Windward Choral Society's Annual Spring Concert:
On Friday, June 1, at 7:00 PM at the base chapel at Marine Corps Base Hawai‘i and Sunday, June 3, at 5:00PM at First Presbyterian Church at Ko‘olau, the 100-voice Windward Choral Society presents “Cruising Down the River,” the 4th Annual Spring Concert.
The concert will include songs from the British Isles, the Republic of Cameroon, Hawai‘i, Israel, the Ukraine, and the USA.
The concert will end with "Homeland," a selection dedicated to the returning Marines and sailors of 3rd Battalion/3rd Marines from their deployment to Afghanistan. The selection is a rousing choral, organ, and brass rendition of Gustav Holst’s Jupiter Theme from The Planets.
The concert is FREE and no tickets are required. A freewill offering will be taken at Sunday's concert to off-set the cost of the performance. Special guests include the Windward Children’s Chorus, and members of the Marine Forces Pacific Band.
For more information call 261-9879 or go to: www.thewindwardchoralsociety.org.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Ocean Safety officials urge public to listen to lifeguards
- Kaiser High School Graduation: Helpful Graduation Info for Guests
- Kahala Senior Living Community, Inc. Announces New Board Members
- Hawaii Kai Fourth of July fireworks canceled, says organizer
- Kaiser High School's Principal John P. Sosa Named Hawaii's 2014 MetLife/NASSP Principal of the Year