Kalaheo 5K to open over the weekend, proceeds go to graduating seniors | Events
The Kalaheo 5K Spirit Run/Walk goes on Sunday, April 10, bright and early at 8 a.m. for all those running souls out there.
Although the proceeds will benefit the Kalaheo Project Graduation, which benefits the Kalaheo High seniors, the 5K run is open to all ages, and there's a proper reward incentive for the top three finishers in all divisions.
The 3.1 mile race begins at 730 Iliaina Street (the front gate of Kalaheo High), turns right onto Ilikupono Street, left onto Mokapu Boulevard, then turns around near Marine Corps Base Hawaii. The return journey follows the same route, just backwards.
The entry fees are as follows: $25 for adults; $20 for faculty, military and students 18 and under; $30 on packet pick-up and on race day morning. Registration is due Friday, April 8, so if you're interested, you'll have to step up quickly. However, mail-in entries are no longer being accepted, but it's still possible to register online at active.com.
The registration form can be found at http://kalaheo5k.com.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Ocean Safety officials urge public to listen to lifeguards
- Kaiser High School Graduation: Helpful Graduation Info for Guests
- Kahala Senior Living Community, Inc. Announces New Board Members
- Hawaii Kai Fourth of July fireworks canceled, says organizer
- Kaiser High School's Principal John P. Sosa Named Hawaii's 2014 MetLife/NASSP Principal of the Year
- Owner of popular Oahu restaurant chain killed in Pali crash
- Island Oasis launches Atherton debut for bellydancing
- Hawaii's Public Libraries Will Consolidate Patron Database on June 3
- Hawaii's Public Libraries will Observe Memorial Day Holiday
- Christopher Wendel named Chief Financial Officer of Volta Industries