79-year-old man apparent drowning victim off Lanikai | News
LANIKAI (HawaiiNewsNow) - A 79-year-old man apparently drowned in waters of Windward Oahu.
Authorities identified the man as Benjamin Drose. They said he was found unresponsive off Lanikai Beach Saturday afternoon.
Drose was rushed in serious condition to the hospital, where he later died.
An autopsy will be performed this week to determine the exact cause of death.
Copyright 2012 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Kahala Senior Living Community, Inc. Announces New Board Members
- Hawaii Kai Fourth of July fireworks canceled, says organizer
- Kaiser High School's Principal John P. Sosa Named Hawaii's 2014 MetLife/NASSP Principal of the Year
- Free Career Night Hosted by Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties
- Aiea High Dance Spring Concert
- EXCLUSIVE: Drivers find way around Chinatown 'smart' meters
- Hart CEO and Mayor Caldwell unveil rail art program
- App for this year’s Hawaii Book & Music Festival presented by Bank of Hawaii
- Kupu Students Learn About Sustainable Development and Operations as Part of Mentorship Day
- Kaiser Permanente Promotes Barbara Kashiwabara to Executive Director Ancillary Services