HFD: Arsonist responsible for Kailua house fire | News
KAILUA (HawaiiNewsNow) - The Honolulu Fire Department is trying to determine who started an early-morning fire at a vacant house in Kailua.
The incident happened at about 5:30 a.m. Thursday on Hualani Street.
Officials say neighbors used a garden hose to put out the flames before they caused significant damage to the home.
Fire officials tell Hawaii News Now that crews were called to the same location on Wednesday.
No injuries were reported.
The investigation remains on-going.
Copyright 2012 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Kahala Senior Living Community, Inc. Announces New Board Members
- Hawaii Kai Fourth of July fireworks canceled, says organizer
- Kaiser High School's Principal John P. Sosa Named Hawaii's 2014 MetLife/NASSP Principal of the Year
- Free Career Night Hosted by Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties
- Aiea High Dance Spring Concert
- EXCLUSIVE: Drivers find way around Chinatown 'smart' meters
- Hart CEO and Mayor Caldwell unveil rail art program
- App for this year’s Hawaii Book & Music Festival presented by Bank of Hawaii
- Kupu Students Learn About Sustainable Development and Operations as Part of Mentorship Day
- Kaiser Permanente Promotes Barbara Kashiwabara to Executive Director Ancillary Services